Monday, August 10, 2009

MotoGP News – Stoner Out

MotoGP returns to action this weekend at Brno in the Czech Republic for round eleven of the championship. Valentino Rossi leads teammate Jorge Lorenzo in the championship by 25 points, and Casey Stoner is 37 points down in third. Stoner has decided to take some time off, “After five extremely difficult races due to my health, I returned to Australia to visit the sports doctors who have looked after me for many years. We have taken the difficult decision not to contest the next three rounds of the championship, to allow my body time to recover from the recent stress. The doctors believe that during the Barcelona race I was suffering from a virus, and that I subsequently pushed my body too hard, leading to problems that have caused my fatigue since then. The doctors are continuing with many tests to try to understand these problems and make sure it does not happen again. I will be doing everything possible to come back at full strength for Portugal”.

Mika Kallio will move up from the Pramac Ducati team to replace Stoner while he recovers.
 
Subscribe in a reader